McElhanney offers innovative and practical surveying, mapping, engineering, environmental, planning, and landscape architecture services. As a 100% employee-owned and -operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and team of great professionals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate flow of communication throughout branch
- Provide branch reception services – answer phone, greet clients, coordinate incoming and outgoing mail and couriers
- Schedule and manage boardrooms
- Coordinate meetings, arrange catering and assist with staff travel arrangements
- Assist with production and assembly of proposals, reports, and client documents
- Perform clerical tasks such as filing, photocopying, scanning, archiving, and disposal of branch documents
- Manage inventory of office supplies and coordinate supply orders
- Maintain equipment and vehicle records
- Contribute to a safe, clean and positive office environment
- Assist with composing letters, memoranda, and e-mail correspondence as necessary
- May assist with other tasks as necessary such as data entry, office errands, etc.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 1-2 years’ prior office experience in a reception and administrative support role; formal training in an administration program an asset
- Excellent attention to detail, good multi-tasking abilities, and the ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Proven punctuality and attendance
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Personable, professional demeanor, and a team player with the ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to take initiative and aptitude for quick learning
- Knowledge of basic accounting/bookkeeping functions and theory an asset.