Gardener simply refers to someone who is involved in gardening be it as a hobby or as a professional. Without a ounce of doubt, it’s arguably one of the oldest occupation.
As a gardener, you’re solely responsible for the maintenance and beauty of plants, flowers, and trees in the garden. It can either be in schools, local parks, hotels, nurseries, and farms.
Do you love nature? Are you willing, interested, and ready to become a gardener? Are you willing to work full-time? Five days a week and some Saturdays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Spring and fall cleanup of gardens Planting shrubs, perennials, and annuals in new and existing gardens
- Maintaining flowerbeds; weeding, cultivating, and deadheading Removing dead and damaged leaf tissue
- Pruning of shrubs Garden bed rejuvenation Fertilizing and applying other gardening techniques as required
- Using a variety of gardening and power tools Providing guidance to customers on care of trees, flowers, shrubs, and plants through communication and regular visits
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Be friendly, energetic and enjoy working on a team
- Have the ability to work in a safe and professional manner
- Have the ability to complete assigned tasks with enthusiasm and strong sense of customer service
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced job requiring physical fitness Commit to being on time, dependable, and accountable
- Have initiative and willingness to work and anticipate work that needs to be done
- Enjoy customer service and attending to customers’ needs